Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TootsiePatootsi
Regular Visitor

How to remove app workspace

How do I remove the workspace I created in the app workspace? I cannot delete anymore because my trial is expired

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will not have access to workspaces without a pro license, however, have you tried deleting the app from your apps tab? I have a pro license so I can't test it myself but try clicking on apps on the side menu on the left of the screen in the power bi service. When your app or apps come up, if you mouse over the app I get a pencil, a star, and trash bin that comes up. The pencil may not come up for you since that is to edit the app and that is only for pro I believe. You should be able to mark it as a favorite with the star and delete it using the trash bin though. 

Let me know if this works or not. If it doesn't I can try helping to research how to get it accomplished. 

The question was not how to remove an app. but how to remove an app workspace. The option to delete an app workspace is in the "Workspace settings" page, which you cannot access once your trial has expired. You immediately get a "Upgrade to Power BI Pro" whenever you try to access it.

annc

Did you get a solution to this? Unfortunately, I am facing the same issue.

v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

The Group workspace is actually Office 365 group, you could take a try to delete the corresponding group through Office 365 Admin portal:

Follow the steps menitoned in the article below:

Delete a group

Regards,

Michael

Correct me if I am wrong but this is no longer true with the new App Workspaces. A new app workspace does not create an O365 group. I have this issues i.e. I have created some app workspaces while I was in Pro trial. Now that the trial is expired I cannot delete or change those workspaces.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors