Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Andrea1992

How to refresh an embedded report collecting data from Microsoft List?

Goodevening,

I am partially new to PowerBI; this is my condition: I have no possibility, now, to use a SQL database, so, for my specific purposes, I used a Microsoft List. The idea is, in this list, I put some relevant informations for me, coming from different workstation; in each workstation I have a Powerapps which, combined with Powerautomate, inserts new records in the list.

From Powerapps, I open an embedded report of PowerBI, which collects data from the list above mentioned, but I cannot have "fresh" data.

According to you, how can I refresh the report every time the page where it is displayed is opened? Can I force the update manually in some way? Do I need to refresh separately the dataset and the report? In this last case I have already tried by PowerAutomate.

I hope you can help me because it is very important for me and my company.

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Andrea1992 ,

For reference: Refresh visuals

The data in the report will update regularly to stay in sync with the list or library. After a refresh, use the Refresh visuals button in the ribbon to update the visuals. Data refresh is limited to once every 3 hours. If the list or library has been updated with new data or metadata, such as an updated list or library name, after the most recent data refresh, these changes will not be reflected in the report until the next refresh.

RicoZhou_0-1655789675763.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Andrea1992 ,

For reference: Refresh visuals

The data in the report will update regularly to stay in sync with the list or library. After a refresh, use the Refresh visuals button in the ribbon to update the visuals. Data refresh is limited to once every 3 hours. If the list or library has been updated with new data or metadata, such as an updated list or library name, after the most recent data refresh, these changes will not be reflected in the report until the next refresh.

RicoZhou_0-1655789675763.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.