Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

How to managed external users in embedded license

Hi All,

Could you please help me out in given queries regarding Power BI Embedded license  ???

1) I have lots of external users so it is not feasible to add them as a Guest into my organzation's azure active directory so where we can add them in embedded lincense?

2)How to add external user to Azure Active directory for embedded Lincense?

Thanks!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!
2 REPLIES 2
Jayendran
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Uzi2019 

Do you have any update ? If my replay helps please accept it as answer/giving kudos which will help other community members

Jayendran
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Uzi2019 

I think you are trying with the User Owns Data Approach where your users needs their own Pro licenses to view their embedded report, which needs all your external users to add into your azure active directory.

I exactly don't know your use case, but can you try the App Owns data approach where your just need one service account/SPN to embed the report and your end users don't have pro licenses/add into your azure ad.

Reference : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embed-sample-for-customers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.