Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wittr9876
Regular Visitor

How to include dynamic urls/application-page links in a PowerBI report table?

Greetings.

I have developed some PowerBI reports that include various columns derived from Azure SQL data. I would like to include a column that has an icon/symbol or simply the word "Edit", but which when clicked, takes you to an edit screen that is appropriate for the table row the user was on, i.e, using some of the table's keys, etc., to correctly populate the edit screen.

I see that there is a hyperlink datatype usable for columns. I can see how that could be used if I already know what the path will exactly be when the table is constructed. I'm not 100% sure I will know the exact path at design time, i.e, if the web application is run on various servers & if the url has any user information associated with it, I probably couldn't construct that completely at design time.  Or, am I just not understanding things correctly?

Any examples you could provide, of how to include go-to-edit-screen-appropriate-for-this-data-row type of hyperlinks or clickable icions, in the table like an additional table column, would be much appreciated.  Or, if there are reference links to such examples, that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Randy

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I believe to get the effect that you want you will need to use the HTML Viewer custom visual. Not even sure you could get there with SVG. You can assign a Web URL to a measure so that's something. Just tough to get it into an image, etc. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Sample Screenshot.jpg

Enclosed is an image of the potential report. What I want is to include an "Actions" column (outlined in red in the image). If a user clicks on this column, then I want the application to take the user to a page which permits editing of the data from the specific row on which the user clicked. I don't know how to accomplish this.

Sample Screenshot

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors