Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adi_dasturkar
Regular Visitor

How to get previous month name on the card when I select any particular month from slicer.

Selected Month = SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Date].[Month])

The above expression returns the current month selected by the slicer in a card as dynamic text. ex. If a user selects December it will change the text to display December.

But I want previous month eg. when user select January it should display December. 

Please help me. 

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Amrselim89
Frequent Visitor

MonthShift = SWITCH(
SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Date].[Month]),"December","November","November","October","October","September","September","August","August","July","July","June","June","May","May","April","April","March","March","February","February","January","January","December")

sir please i solve you error, please give okay and thumps up.
domagajack
Regular Visitor

It's not going to be what you're looking for exactly, but I operate on functions like below regarding formatting and editing dates.

FORMAT(DATE(YEAR(SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Date])),MONTH(SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Date]))-1,DAY(SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Date]))),"MMMM")

I'm new here and unsure of that solution, hope it helps though.

Best,
Jacek

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.