Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

How to get pages and visuals lists via REST API

Dear all,

I'm trying to embed my visual into Microsoft sample application https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html# .

But it requires Page Name and Visual Name. I thought I can get both via API, but which I can't retrieve it because there are no relevant methods https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/. Maybe somebody has a workaround for that?

Dataset type is PushStreaming.

Regards,
Ruslan

7 REPLIES 7
cristianCeamatu

We need a GET Visuals Per Page API, can somebody please work on that? This will create great opportunities to embed Power BI reports. I am having similar issues, I need to create a custom layout and the only way I can do that is by embedding the report, then getActivePage, then getVisuals and then updateSettings, so the user sees the initial content and then after the update the content changes, very bad UI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there an ETA from MSFT to do an official process/API to get page and visual level objects?

This is a citical capability for our team. @v-jiascu-msft 

artemmuntianu
Frequent Visitor

Yes, there is a workaround. Open your report .pbix file with an archiver (WinRar for example) and goto folder Report. Open file Layout with a text processing app. It has json inside and needed info

@artemmuntianu, thank you.

Is below what you've wanted to say?

visual namevisual name

Anyway, I can't download a report because it was created online via Power BI Service because a source is Stream Analytics, so the dataset type is PushStreaming.

Regards,
Ruslan

Hi Ruslan,

Open the "Sample Report", you will get all the pages, visuals, and codes. 

How_to_get_pages_and_visuals_lists_via_REST_API

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

this workaround is problematic for me as i want to access this data the this data via an api, in this case i must the browser and actually load the element to the dom so i can fetch them

Hi , 

Do we have any solution availble for above mentioned problem statement. We are also trying to directly embed Visual into the react app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors