Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

frankchen
Regular Visitor

How to get Power BI for Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN?

Based on the subscriber benefits, Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN should have license for Power BI. But as a Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN subscriber, I wasn't able to find out Power BI from my MSDN subscription account page. does anyone know how to activiate Power BI for Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN subscription?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
savethepennies
Regular Visitor

I know this thread is a little bit older but the topic is still relevant and I don't see an answer. Did anyone figure out how to activate the MSDN benefit? I've been trying to track down an answer for a while but am spinning in circles. I have an active MSDN subscription as well as an O365 tenant.

JasonDunbar
Resolver I
Resolver I

A sentence from your link:

"Your subscription includes many other useful services and tools, including an Office 365 Developer Subscription for creating SharePoint and Office add-in’s, Power BI Pro for transforming your data, and a Windows developer account for posting your apps in the Windows Store."

What I understand from that is that you have, or have access to an Office 365 tenant. Maybe you didn't set it up yet?

Anyhow, once you've got that up and running, you should find that there's a Power BI Pro license for use as Power BI is a service that's part of the O365 family - or at least from a licensing and license assignment point of view 🙂

Hi,

Did you ever succeed with getting Power BI Pro enabled?

I too can't see anything on MSDN Subscription Benefits page.

And within Office 365, I only find an option under 'Purchase Services' to buy Power BI Pro at an additional $14.90 / month.

It does offer the Power BI base version  for free though.

Did you have any luck either in MSDN admin or Office 365 admin pages ?

Thanks

When I log onto msdn.com/subscriptions and go to 'My Account', I see 'Microsoft Power BI Pro' in the list.

My subscription level is Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN (MPN)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.