Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chitra1234
Helper I
Helper I

How to get .JSON file data as source data to Power Apps? ( .JSON file is in share point )

Hi All,

I need a help on below scenarios please.

Sceanario 1:

1. I have my .JSON file in sharepoint

2. I created PowerApps which is currently working with manual entry of data

3. Now what I want is, I want my Power Apps will read/get data from .JSON file from sharepoint. ( Actually only one column I needed from . JSON file as source input to Powerapps, which will be keep on changing )

4. Everytime if the data get changes in .JSON file my powerapps input also should be refreshed and get changed automatically.

Is that possible? Please give me a suggestion.

Scenario 2:

1. I embeded my Powerapps with Power BI. So if the data get update in powerapps my Power BI data will also updated for every refresh.

2. If I edit any table data in power apps will it be writeback to .JSON file in sharepoint?

Kindly help me on this. or any idea how to handle this would be more helpful.

Thanks,

Chitra

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @chitra1234,

According to your description, I think these should more relate to powerapps usage. I'd like to suggest you post to powerapps community to get further support.

Power Apps Community - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

As you have identified your problem is the writeback.  Having a JSON file as a data source is all nice, but writing into it is much harder. There is a JSON function in PowerApps that you can use

JSON function - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

but it basically means that you need to ingest the entire JSON file when you start the app, store it (in a collection for example) and then write the entire JSON file back to the storage space when you make changes. 

That will likely prevent concurrent use of your app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.