Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Pradeep
Frequent Visitor

How to display the authenticated user data only in the reports ?

Hi,

i have created charts in powerbi desktop based on complete data of my currenr project, after that i have integrated those reports into my web app.

But I want to display the data on the charts for only authenticated user like who are logged in my application.

I followed Filter reports embedded in your application concept in the below link to achieve above concept

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/power-bi-embedded-get-started-sample/

But i don't know where to pass filter value.

Please tell me how to do that.

3 REPLIES 3
Pradeep
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I developed power bi reports using PowerBi desktop along with the Row Level Security Concept.but i want the webapp/uwp app to see those reports what i developed earlier and also the webapp/uwp app must contains authentication because who are logged in to the app then he/she can only see his/her data.

Please tell me how to develop webapp/uwp app for above concept.

@Pradeep

What is the authentication in your web app?

If Azure AD, then I think you can embeded the reports in your application with Power BI REST API. The Row Level Security should work.

Otherwise, you can embeded the report in your application with Power BI Embedded. The correlated Row level security with Power BI Embedded should work.

Check the difference between Power BI REST API and Power BI Embedded.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

It sounds like what you want to use is Row Level Security (RLS)?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.