Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Adam13Hylo
Helper I
Helper I

How to deactivate Power BI Pro Free 60 Day Trial

Hi all,

Could someone please provide some advise on how to deactivate the Power BI free trial, this was activated and then no longer wanted. I have looked in Office 365 under active users and licenses however I do not see the option to end the trial. I have also looked under the settings in Power BI and then subscriptions however I see blank in this section.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
Celurit

I found this video explaining how this can be done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z52aYo6rQA 

kahntelbmind

You find the option to cancel your subscription in your "personal settings". This could not be done by your administrator. This must be done by each user at his own.

kahntelbmind_0-1637578324878.png

space83
Helper IV
Helper IV

i am also facing same issues.

from this thread there are no solution how can i deactivate my trial account.

PDCAS

If you are talking about the "invisible" Free Power BI licenses, that is the license that is not listed under Subscriptions, but yet is assignable to users:

Product license

Location*

Denmark

^ PowerBI (free)                   |X     | Off

You have to raise a ticket at Microsoft for them to remove the free license.

I had to do so as I was in a situation where a user had signed up for a Power BI trial, but used our corporate domain name. When we then started to migrate to Office 365, our corporate domain name was locked to the trial Tenant.

And, in order to shutdown the Tenant, all products/subscriptions had to be cancelled - which I couldnt do because you can't remove a free trial for some weird reason.

Bummer.

Hope this helps someone.

/Bjorn

PDCAS

If you are talking about the "invisible" Free Power BI licenses, that is the license that is not listed under Subscriptions, but yet is assignable to users:

Product license

Location*

Denmark

^ PowerBI (free)                   |X     | Off

You have to raise a ticket at Microsoft for them to remove the free license.

I had to do so as I was in a situation where a user had signed up for a Power BI trial, but used our corporate domain name. When we then started to migrate to Office 365, our corporate domain name was locked to the trial Tenant.

And, in order to shutdown the Tenant, all products/subscriptions had to be cancelled - which I couldnt do because you can't remove a free trial for some weird reason.

Bummer.

Hope this helps someone.

/Bjorn

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Adam13Hylo

You'll have to askt the O365 administrator to remove the free license for your account. Check Remove licenses from your Office 365 for business subscription

Hi @Eric_Zhang

Iam the O365 administrator however I cannot see Power BI Pro (trial) as a subscription or as a license.

This is what I see:
Subscriptions.PNG

Did you get any solution to this?

No sorry, it just expired on its own in the end.

I have the same question. I am admin but I can not see how to remove the Power BI Pro (trial) license. I would like to check both version how they work.

I have the same question. I am admin but I can not see how to remove the Power BI Pro (trial) license. I would like to check both version how they work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.