Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Deep
Helper I
Helper I

How to change redirect URL from localhost to web application's URL

I am trying to embed a report to my application using VisualStudio.net. When I run the web.config file in VisualStudio It redirects me to localhost but It should be redirected to web URL. I changed the URL in azure where the app is registered but that didn't work either.

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Deep,

Did you mean you are working with a report that designed by the localhost data source and you want to modify the data source URL after you publish it to the service side?

If this is a case, you can take a look at the following blog to parameterize your connection string with query parameter then you can modify it on power bi service side.

Using the Power BI Service Parameters to change connection strings (To possibly change between Dev 

Datasets - Update Parameters 

If that not meet your requirement, please share more detailed infusions to help us clarify your scenario:

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 
In addition, you can also try to post to another programming/developer forums if these not related to power bi.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.