cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmoskowitz
Regular Visitor

How do I make a dynamic top 1, 2, and 3 ranking cross tab with dynamic color formatting?

I have data where Business Units ranked risks (Text_1,Text_2.......) within risk cateofries (Cat_1, Cat_2......). This should be done only for records flagged as "Primary" in the Primary/Additional field.

I want to create a cross tab where I have the risk text that got ranked as 1 the most across the entire data set, the risk text that got ranked as 2 the most and the risk that got ranked as 3 the most... all within each uniqe risk category.  If possible, I would like the rank 1 field red, the rank 2 field blue, and the ran 3 field green.

TOTALRanked 1 the mostRanked 2 the mostRanked 3 the most
Cat_1Text_113Text_107Text_109
Cat_2Text_118Text_124Text_126
Cat_3Text_132Text_140Text_136

Here is a snippet of what my data looks like. Rank can sometimes have NA or be blank so it's treated as a string.

BUCategoryRiskRankPrimary/Additional
BU_1Cat_1Text_11Primary
BU_1Cat_2Text_22Primary
BU_2Cat_2Text_43Primary
BU_2Cat_3Text_22Primary
1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User III
Super User III

Please provide more representative sample data. It should be covering your expected output.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Kudoed Authors