Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

touch_powerbi
Frequent Visitor

How can I create auto refresh in embedded report

I use office 365 account, power BI pro. I create dashboard from power BI desktop use DirectQuery to connect data. I've already set auto refresh in power BI desktop and app.powerbi.com but embedded report does not auto refresh at all. And my frontend dev team tried this way link. But not work.

Have any suggestion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @touch_powerbi ,

According to your description, your report is connected to a data source in direct query mode. The report will refresh automatically without special configuration refresh through user interaction on the report. You can find the details in the following links.

About using DirectQuery in Power BI

Power BI DirectQuery: Automatically Refresh Less Than Every 15 Minutes

How did you embed your report? Please check the method in the following thread and check whether it can help you resolve the problem.

Power BI embedded, direct query, not refreshing (call report.refresh() on your embedded report in the JavaScript)

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DMiradakis
Advocate II
Advocate II

Although I'm late to this response, if you were using the Power BI Javascript SDK, you would want to use the 

.Refresh()

method rather than the .Reload() method.

I've made a custom Power BI app for helping people make slideshows out of reports and dashboards and display Power BI digital signage, called Displagent, and I use the 

.Refresh()

method.

A few other things:

• As people naturally interact with a report in Direct Query mode, the visuals will autoupdate as people click them, apply filters, cross-filter, etc.
    • However, this requires user interaction.
  • Power BI now has Automatic Page Refresh which will force the visuals to autoupdate themselves on two different types of triggers, and one of those trigger types is a timer-based trigger.
    • So, for example, you could have APR refresh visuals every 15 seconds if you wanted by configuring a timer trigger.
    • However, if you only have Power BI Pro, then APR only works up to every 30 minutes max - my app Displagent can do this every 15 seconds, even for Pro users.

Hope that helps!

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @touch_powerbi ,

According to your description, your report is connected to a data source in direct query mode. The report will refresh automatically without special configuration refresh through user interaction on the report. You can find the details in the following links.

About using DirectQuery in Power BI

Power BI DirectQuery: Automatically Refresh Less Than Every 15 Minutes

How did you embed your report? Please check the method in the following thread and check whether it can help you resolve the problem.

Power BI embedded, direct query, not refreshing (call report.refresh() on your embedded report in the JavaScript)

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.