Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wilsonr
Helper I
Helper I

Hierarchy Slicer - Search Not Working with Select All Enabled

The search doesn't work when Select All is enabled. Is it just me, or is this a bug or a desired behavior?

18 REPLIES 18
DD
Regular Visitor

@jppp Downloaded the latest version of the Hierarchy Slicer from marketplace today. It seems to be at version 2.0.x, but the issues mentioned in this post still seems to exist.

Am I not updating it right?

@DD ,

A new version of a custom visuals is always released in phases; first is it released to the internal Microsoft tenant (dogfeeding) before it is released to all other tenants.

But unfortunately it is not possible to defer the AppSource listing, so here it already reflects the listing of the v2 version. But is a couple weeks the v2 version will be available.

Thanks, JP

DD
Regular Visitor

@jppp Thanks for your prompt reply. I'll look forward to v2 being available from marketplace.

Although, the issue mentioned in this post was fixed in version 1.3. Would the version on marketplace be at v1.3 at least?

Hi @DD , @joost_romijn ,

Currently version v1.3 of the HierarchySlicer is general available. And this version has a bug that with 'select all' the search is not working.

If I recall it correctly there were multiple issues with this and one of them was fixed in v1.3, but the best part is that the new v2 version will fix this issue.

For extra reference: this result of the bug is that there is an automated test defined: https://github.com/liprec/powerbi-hierarchySlicer/blob/d2de85b7bb911436017902fa2c9fec2bf24ea88f/test....

-JP

@jppp 

Ok, thank you.

I was confused because of this version number in the marketplace:

2019-07-19 10_47_20-Window.png

Hi @joost_romijn ,

Yes, it is confusing as indeed the marketplace is already updated to reflect the latest version. But Microsoft releases new version of custom visuals gradually and it can take two weeks before the new version is available to everybody.

And the 'problem' with the HierarchySlicer as it is used that many times, we (MS and me) want to make sure that the new version will not cause any issues after being GA. 

-JP

DD
Regular Visitor

@jppp : Would you have any update as to how much longer until v2 is available for download?

DD
Regular Visitor

Is this working for anybody else on the post?

@jppp : Would you have any updates at all as to when we can expect this? Been asking my clients to wait for 2 weeks since a month now.

Hi @DD ,

We still have some scenarios that doesn't work correctly with the v2 version of the HierarchySlicer, so the release is still pending. Sorry about the delay.

Thanks, JP

@jppp It looks like this issue "search not working with select all enabled" reappeared in version 2.0.19 ?

hierarchyslicer.gif

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jppp Can you have a look at this issue?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Hi @Wilsonr

Thanks for the feedback and this is indeed a bug.

I have created an issue for the follow up: https://github.com/liprec/powerbi-hierarchySlicer/issues/38

Thanks, JP

I was checking the new September release of Power BI to see if the Hierarchy Slicer was fixed for this issue, and I now get a message saying its going to be deprecated. What gives? As far as I know there is not alternative to this slicer.

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

It will not be deprecated. We're working in touch to bring Hierarchy Slicer to new API.

Is your machine connected to internet?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Thanks to both of you for the replies. I thought I would get an email when there was a reply, but I received none?!

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

You should subscibe to the issue on GitHub to track status.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

What is GitHub? I setup my account to receive emails - why do I need to use GitHub?

Untitled.png

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

GitHub is development platform that keeps source code and issues such as https://github.com/liprec/powerbi-hierarchySlicer/issues/38

We recommend to subscribe to this issue on GitHub to get updates.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.