Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThomVF
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hierarchy Slicer Level Display Issue

Hi, I am using the Hierarchy Slicer and I just downloaded it from the marketplace (V1.2.10.0)

I am using Power BI Desktop and IE 11.2368

I have a 3-level hierarchy and I notice that one of the level-2 items is showing up in the wrong level-1 group.

If I select/deselect its assigned level-1 group, this mis-placed item get selected/deselected and filtered correctly, it just apears to be displayed in the wrong place.

Looking at this image, "Equity Syndication" is part of the "Debt and Equity Investing" group, not the "Counseling" group.

I verified this in the data and show that as well.

I am also showing an example of all 3 levels being expanded.

This issue appears in both Desktop and the browser mentioned above.

Thank You.

Hierarchy Select Error.pngHierarchy Select Error Data.png

Hierarchy Select Error 3-levels.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jppp
MVP

You have to reset the sorting order of the levels via the little menu (...) on the top rightof the visual.

Usually this will happen if you switch the hierarchy levels or add a parent level to the hierarchy.

-JP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Wilsonr
Helper I
Helper I

I replied to this post because I can't figure out how to create a new post?!

The search doesn't work when Select All is enabled. Is it just me, or is this a bug or a desired behavior?

jppp
MVP

You have to reset the sorting order of the levels via the little menu (...) on the top rightof the visual.

Usually this will happen if you switch the hierarchy levels or add a parent level to the hierarchy.

-JP

Thanks very much, that seemed to be the issue.  Good to know going forward.

This is a great slicer - I hope the PBI team finally comes through with syncing custom slicers across pages....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.