Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

smolina74
Frequent Visitor

Hiding Filter through URL Parameter

I know that it is possible to hide the Filters panel through a URL parameter, but is it possible to hide just one specific filter?

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@smolina74

I don't know but I believe the answer is "No". May I know what is your situation so that this feature is requested?

ok. What I'm trying to do is to filter a report based on the connected user. I'm embedding the report in our own Web App using what's described here https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-developer-integrate-report/. So, at this point I'm not using the new Power BI Embedded simply because it is not supporting yet access to on-premises databases (no support for Enterprise Gateways so far). 

Also we're connecting with Power BI using only one Power BI Pro account. Our web app of course has its own users.

The point here is that we cannot use Row Level Security since we're connecting with only one Power BI account. So I was checking this feature and I thought that it could be interesting.

@smolina74 wrote:

ok. What I'm trying to do is to filter a report based on the connected user. I'm embedding the report in our own Web App using what's described here https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-developer-integrate-report/. So, at this point I'm not using the new Power BI Embedded simply because it is not supporting yet access to on-premises databases (no support for Enterprise Gateways so far). 

Also we're connecting with Power BI using only one Power BI Pro account. Our web app of course has its own users.

The point here is that we cannot use Row Level Security since we're connecting with only one Power BI account. So I was checking this feature and I thought that it could be interesting.

Row level security with Power BI Embedded can achieve your requirement, I think. If the bold part is the only concern, you can reference my reply in this thread .

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors