Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cshepler
Helper II
Helper II

Hiding Category Labels based on selection

Lets imagine that we are using a TreeMap of Hierarchal data.

We're Looking at Countries by Population.

When I click-on the largest square (The largest country by Population.) I'd like all of the other TreeMap square's "Category Label" to be hidden so that you can’t see the names of the other squares.

This seems like a trivial request but I've seen nothing on this topic.

Is this possible? If so, can the same be done for the Data Labels and how?

Regards. 

1 REPLY 1
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @cshepler,

At this time, managing data labels conditionally is not something that really works. Recently there's been an interesting solution devised where you can duplicate a series using DAX that only returns asingle data point that you can assign a value to, but I don't think this would work in the treemap scenario. It does work quite well for line charts - I've tested it out and found it quite useful.

Right now, in terms of core support, we're waiting for the Power BI team to add conditional formatting to all the things - they're getting there a bit at a time but it's not quite clear when to expect this for data labels, unfortunately.

In terms of feature requests, this is probably the idea with the highest amount of traction if you want to add your weight to it.

I appreciate this is not the answer you're looking for but wanted to let you know that you're at the same point as the rest of us with your discoveries.

Regards,

Daniel

If my post solves your challenge, then please consider accepting as a solution to help other forum members find the answer more quickly 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors