Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MaxW
Advocate II
Advocate II

Guest access to Power BI Report Embedded in Sharepoint Online.

Hi,

I have a Power BI report in embedded capacity, and I've added it as a webpart on a sharepoint online group page. Group members are able to view the report without needing a Power BI Pro license, but I want group guests to be able to see the report. Currently they see 'This content is unavailable'. 

Is it possible? If it's not possible with the built-in webpart can I do it with an iFrame? 

We are using the embedded capacity properly in our SAAS app but I still haven't figured out the best way to provide one-off/quick and dirty report access to users outside our organisation. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MaxW,

Recently, there is new feature announced that Power BI users can seamlessly distribute Power BI apps and dashboards to guest users outside of their organization – recipients are able to securely sign into the service using their own organization’s security credentials or personal email address, while the content owner is able to maintain control over the internal data. 

This new feature is the result of Power BI integration with Azure Active Directory (AD) business-to-business (B2B) collaboration. For more details, you can refer to the following articles/documentations. Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

Thank you for your reply, this would be ideal but looking at the licensing requirements it seems that distributing Power BI apps requires premium rather than embedded capacity, so this still doesn't solve the problem. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.