Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AliSafa
Advocate I
Advocate I

Grant access to someone to be able to edit Data Flow

Hi Folks,

I've created a @DataFlow and i gave my colleague admin permission in the workspace.

Now, He is able to see the dataflow, but he is not able to edit it!

my question is : how can i give him permission for editing my dataflow?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @AliSafa ,

According to my investigation, currently only the owner of the dataflow can edit it. If the other person(workspace admins and workspace members) want to edit, he/she can edit it after taking over and becoming the new owner of the dataflow...

Power BI dataflows – Takeover

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MarkPalmberg
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

nguyengiang2004
Frequent Visitor

I have exactly the same issue with the thread's owner: I need to add table to the dataflow without having to taking over. There should be a "shared edit" right to the access set up.

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AliSafa ,

Only the owner of dataflow can edit it. So please ask your colleague to take over your dataflow by following steps first, then he can edit the dataflow after he become the owner of dataflow...

1. Select the More menu (the ellipsis) and select Settings

yingyinr_1-1615168518762.png

2. Click "Take over" button and input the credentials of all involved data sources in the dataflow

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks yingsyire ,

but we both need to modify that data flow time to time.

Hi @AliSafa ,

According to my investigation, currently only the owner of the dataflow can edit it. If the other person(workspace admins and workspace members) want to edit, he/she can edit it after taking over and becoming the new owner of the dataflow...

Power BI dataflows – Takeover

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.