Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Maps in Power BI dashboard

Hi , 

I wanted to display a google maps with in my power BI dashboard with directions from point A to Point B. I believe we dont have a custom visual which do this for me. I was strictly told to stick to google maps. 

I have two options with me. 

1. Develop Power BI custom visual and import it locally  - Dont have enough skill to develop a visual within short time.
2. Use D3.JS custom visual from market place and write d3 code inside of visual. - I dont understand how to call a google maps java script library inside d3.js visual and dont know where to place it. 

Need your advise on best way to accomplish this. Do I have another alternative ? 🙂 

1 REPLY 1
v-evelk
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I don't think that there is a quick way to solve it.

On the one hand, taking an existing visual may look simpler but there is a high risk to be confused with someone else's code because visuals are often written by several people.

On the other hand, writing an own custom visual requires a lot of resources and knowledge.

If you decide to wirte own custom visual I can recommend you to start from Power BI Cusom Visuals Documentation, then you probably should learn D3 and some libraries or APIs that let to work with Google Maps.

Since you need to use several external libraries, it is better to use a beta version of tools that supports webpack.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.