Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Lierreyy
Helper I
Helper I

Getting a list of Pending Report/App Access Requests

Hi there,

Is there a REST API (or some other method) that would allow me to get a list of all the pending access requests at the report level and the app level? I’ve noticed recently that there are some pending app access requests that I didn’t know about and instead of going into each workspace and checking if there are pending app access requests for the app created using that workspace, I was wondering if there was a better way to get this information?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Lierreyy ,

Based on my research, there is no suitable method to get all pending request accesses list at once. You can raise a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming soon. And the following one is one similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas, you can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature.

Pending access requests to Power BI App List relocation

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lierreyy ,

If you're a report/app owner, you may receive an email from Microsoft Power BI saying that someone has requested access to your report/app. You will find the person who are requesting the access to report in Pending list, please refer the following links to do it.

Report:

Grant accessyingyinr_0-1652947153686.pngManage Permission And Giving Access To Power BI Reports And Dashboards

App:

Power BI app - who will receive request access email

yingyinr_2-1652947421908.png

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft,

Thank you for your response. What you proposed lets me see the pending access request one app or one report at a time. What I was wondering was, if it's possible to get a list of all outstanding pending app or report requests in all apps/reports without going through each one manually?

Thanks!

Hi @Lierreyy ,

Based on my research, there is no suitable method to get all pending request accesses list at once. You can raise a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming soon. And the following one is one similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas, you can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature.

Pending access requests to Power BI App List relocation

Best Regards

Thanks @v-yiruan-msft. I've added this as a new idea. Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors