Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pontushaglund
Helper I
Helper I

Getting Activity Logs on the Report Page level

When using the built in Usage Metrics report it is possible to view usage down to the report page level:

pontushaglund_0-1603166653876.png

When accessing the Power BI Logs using either PowerShell or the REST API I can only get usage down to the Report level, not down to the report page level. If we can only get data down to the report level we are driven to create reports with only one page to be able to get full statistics.

Is it possible to get data on the page level? What am I missing? 

12 REPLIES 12
SG_PEM
Frequent Visitor

We are almost end 2023 and still it's not there. Any chance with Log Analytics ?

MarcinSz
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

Does anyone know if something was change in that case? Is it possible to get data on the page level now?

Still waiting for that feature.

Thank you. 

My workaround is to activate the usage metrics report for the worksapces, then you can retrieve page level usage stats from the underlying dataset, either through XMLA or REST API https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/datasets/execute-queries 

Hi @Martin_D 

Your solution sounds very interesting, but how do you connect to the underlying dataset?

When I connect to the XMLA Endpoint of the workspace I cannot see the dataset of the Usage Metrics. 

Thank you!

Hi @Parrunis ,

It's only there after you have created the usage metrics report for any of the reports in the workspace. Then it's hidden if you try to live-connect from Power BI Desktop, but you can list and query it from the REST API and XMLA API.

Thank you! I saw that the dataset was hidden right after I sent you the message. That's a very useful option!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You're not missing anything.  Well, sort of.

Basically - page level details are ONLY available in the in-workspace usage reports.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.