Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cy-1000

Getting Access token failing because of organization login

Hi I am trying to get the "App Owns Data" example to work. https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-Developer-Samples/tree/master/App%20Owns%20Data to see how to intergrate powerBI reports on a web application. After putting in my pBIusername, password clientId and groupId into the Web.config example and running it I get this error message

Microsoft.IdentityModel.Clients.ActiveDirectory.AdalServiceException: AADSTS75005: The request is not a valid SAML 2.0 protocol message.

I believe this is happening because I am using my organizaiton's login as it is the same credentials for my powerBI account. When I get authenticated with my organization's authentication server, it sends back a SAML 1.0 Message back to the Microsoft authentication server and gets denied because it is not SAML 2.0. Since this is in-flight data I have no way to edit this message before it gets kicked back to Microsofts auth. I was wondering if there is any work around to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

For the authentication part regarding Azure AD single Sign on issue, please consider ask in the forum below:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/home?forum=WindowsAzureAD

Regards,

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.