@v-jiascu-msft

Thanks, it was an issue. 

Regards,

Yerkhan

NEbdf Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Get token of report

Greetings,

first of all, thanks for the detailed instructions @v-jiascu-msft. But I am still struggling to get this to work in Postman. I followed each of your described steps, but only get the following error message in return:

{
    "error": "invalid_grant",
    "error_description": "AADSTS70002: Error validating credentials. AADSTS50126: Invalid username or password\r\nTrace ID: dba5dbef-834c-4df0-910f-2ad7e6e23600\r\nCorrelation ID: ee8fa976-7366-4056-9523-b5d1c606c78f\r\nTimestamp: 2019-01-09 08:14:06Z",
    "error_codes": [
    ],
    "timestamp": "2019-01-09 08:14:06Z",
    "trace_id": "dba5dbef-834c-4df0-910f-2ad7e6e23600",
    "correlation_id": "ee8fa976-7366-4056-9523-b5d1c606c78f"
}

I of course double checked every key/value, URL and the App Settings in Azure. I also used the PowerBI embed configuration tool to setup the environment in Azure. The generated .net application also generates a token sucessfully (but I need it with a simple post call) so I am sure that the used credentials are working.

Do you maybe have some more ideas what else I can try? Or are there maybe basic configurations in Azure which could prevent a successful post call of Postman?

Thanks!

Microsoft v-jiascu-msft
Microsoft

Hi @NEbdf,

Since you can use the password to get token with .net application, that's hard to say what went wrong. Can you share a snapshot of how you did it? Please mask the sensitive parts.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
NEbdf Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sure. Here is the latest Postman configuration:

postmanPowerBI.jpg

Microsoft v-jiascu-msft
Microsoft

Hi @NEbdf,

All seems good. If it's a web app, the client_secret is needed. But the error message shouldn't be this one. 

If I use a wrong password, I got the same error message. I would suggest you check the username and password again though it sounds impossible. Maybe you have multi-tenant?

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
NEbdf Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

the app in Azure is configured as a native app. Seems to be the default when using the PowerBI configurator. Should PowerBI embed also work when its a Web-App/API?

Edit:
Just tested everything with seting up a Web-App/API and delivering the app secret. Same error message as before unfortunately.

Microsoft v-jiascu-msft
Microsoft

Hi @NEbdf,

That's too weird. I would suggest you file a support ticket here. I will appreciate it if you can share the cause and the solution. 

create-ATicket

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

Top Solution Authors