Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

silentthread

Get subscription information via API

Is there a way to programmatically read the subscription information?  Here is why I ask...

I have created subscriptions for many users, however, since I created them with my id, other PowerBI support techs can't view that information. My goal is to create a program or script to grab that subscription information (email, time report is sent, subject, etc) and export that to a csv file or maybe even just send that in an email. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @silentthread,

I check power bi rest API but not found any API related to subscription features. I'd like to suggest you use power bi audit log to trace these activities to find out correspond user ids.

Track user activities in Power BI#operations-available-in-the-audit-and-activity-logs 

For export email contents, I think you need to check MS exchange or other email provider API to filter and find out and export specific email contents.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @silentthread,

I check power bi rest API but not found any API related to subscription features. I'd like to suggest you use power bi audit log to trace these activities to find out correspond user ids.

Track user activities in Power BI#operations-available-in-the-audit-and-activity-logs 

For export email contents, I think you need to check MS exchange or other email provider API to filter and find out and export specific email contents.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.