Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cini_Varghese
Frequent Visitor

Get filter details of a report

I am looking for a way to get the filters associated with a report along with its possible values using rest api or javascript approach.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Cini_Varghese,

You can try to use power bi javascript 'getfilter' function to get current report page filters:

Power BI JavaScript / Filters 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Cini_Varghese,

You can try to use power bi javascript 'getfilter' function to get current report page filters:

Power BI JavaScript / Filters 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Is there a way to get all filter values instead of only the values that are currently applied.

Hi @Cini_Varghese,

So you mean you want to use power bi javascript to achieve the effect that similar to DAX allselected function?

I double-check the document and found the 'Persistent Filters' descriptions seem to meet your requirement, but it is a switch function and not include the feature to extract the records of these filter effects. 

So I think you need to do some processing to looping all the contents to get filters.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.