Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wesleyrbk
Frequent Visitor

Get a value from Power BI Embedded

So I embedded a report and I would like to get a value from a card tile within the report for use outside the iframe. Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@wesleyrbk wrote:

So I embedded a report and I would like to get a value from a card tile within the report for use outside the iframe. Is this possible?

@wesleyrbk

You can more or less get a value by capture the "dataselected" event in Power BI Javascript API. However, per my test, it doesn't work for a card visual.

var reports = powerbi.embed(dashboardContainer, config);

reports.on('dataSelected', function(event)
{
var data = event.detail; 
         console.log(JSON.stringify(data, null, ' '));

})

@Eric_Zhang Thanks for your answer.

What I'm trying to do is get the dates that are selected by a custom visual called: Time Brush Slicer. Now I already tried the dataselected on that visual but it didn't give anything in return. How should I approach this problem? I basically just need the start date and the end date of the filtered data. 

Edit: The custom visual performs a visual filter on the linechart. And as far as I know you can't get the filters on a visual level but only on report level. Am I right about that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.