Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

navaraj
Frequent Visitor

Get Dataset Parameters from REST API

I tried get the list of parameters using REST API as: https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/$group_id/datasets/$dataset_id/parameters" , but get the response as  empty array even though parameters are managed.

Result :object(stdClass)#2 (2) { ["@odata.context"]=> string(98) "https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/$group_id/$metadata#parameters" ["value"]=> array(0) { } }

Does anybody get success in this parameters REST Api, please share your idea?  Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @navaraj,

I just verified that I can use the Get all parameters REST API to get available parameters in a dataset.

r2.PNG

Note that the query parameter must be referenced/used in at least one of your queries in your dataset, or it won't be returned by the REST API. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @navaraj,

I just verified that I can use the Get all parameters REST API to get available parameters in a dataset.

r2.PNG

Note that the query parameter must be referenced/used in at least one of your queries in your dataset, or it won't be returned by the REST API. Smiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft

Have you tried for Direct Query connection?? Looks like it only works for Import mode.

Thanks, i  was reassigning parameters to variables which are used in query. I just found out that parameters should directly be used in Query.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.