Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SPradeep

Get Column name information of Datasets vs Reports in all workspaces

Hi team,

I am trying to get column infromation available in datasets along with respective reports in which they are used. I am kind of wanting to get lineage info of all columns in Power BI service and couldn't get close using options in Rest API or may be I am missing something.

Any leads to get list of columns from datasets and the respctive reports in which they are used will help a lot. Please assist.

Thanks in advance.

Pradeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SPradeep ,

According to my research, I didn't find a elegant way to get the column information related to dataset or report. REST API Datasets - Get Datasets can only get the dataset ID, name, etc., there is no specific column information. In addition, the data lineage view only shows  dependency information among the dataset, the reports referencing the dataset and the applied workspaces. It also does not contain any specific column information. Here's an idea similar to yours to share on Power BI Ideas , you can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature.

REST API - GET DATASETREST API - GET DATASET

Data lineageData lineage

Also, you can check out the two blogs below and maybe you will get some other inspiration or idea.

Power BI Field Finder

Power BI Cleanup Tool; Time Saving with Power BI Helper

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SPradeep ,

According to my research, I didn't find a elegant way to get the column information related to dataset or report. REST API Datasets - Get Datasets can only get the dataset ID, name, etc., there is no specific column information. In addition, the data lineage view only shows  dependency information among the dataset, the reports referencing the dataset and the applied workspaces. It also does not contain any specific column information. Here's an idea similar to yours to share on Power BI Ideas , you can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature.

REST API - GET DATASETREST API - GET DATASET

Data lineageData lineage

Also, you can check out the two blogs below and maybe you will get some other inspiration or idea.

Power BI Field Finder

Power BI Cleanup Tool; Time Saving with Power BI Helper

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.