Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

GatewayId in dataset does not match the id of the gateway

Hello,

In one of our projects we use the power bi rest api's to downlaod information from our power bi tenant. We have noticed that the gatewayId in the following REST API does not match up with the id's of any of our gateways. 

In power bi service the dataset is linked to the gateway, however when i query the REST API the value in "gatewayId" does not match up with Id of the gateway. Also within a dataset if one of the sources is not attached to a gateway for eg. a website that does not need the gateway there is always a gatewayId value assigned to this datasource.

Any reason why these id's do not match ?

4 REPLIES 4
Christophe93
Helper II
Helper II

Hi dears 

Same issue  on my  side

Semantic  model not linked  a gateway  datasource on Service  ( Model setup) , but potential mapping is offered

BUT

a strange gateway id  can be seen on APIs (json result) :  model sources  & scanner APIs

Microsoft  any feedbacks  for FIX

please ?  

My manager  asked me to show  a  semantic models LIST  when really linked a gateway

theBIbutler
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Anonymous ,

did you ever get an answer to this?

I'm having the same issue - dataset datasources not using a gateway are returning a gatewayid via the api...

Thanks

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Liang,

What exactly do you want to see in the screenshots ? 

The problem is that this REST API GET https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/datasets/{datasetId}/datasources returns a value in the field gatewayid even if the data source is not added to a gateway. I think this scenario you can test yourself without a screenshot from me.

You could create a report with two sources, one that needs to be accessed via a gateway and another source like sharepoint or another cloud source that does not need a gateway, after you have published this report to power bi service and then you execute the rest api mentioned above, then you will see the issue described by me.

Warm Regards,

Nithya Shetty

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you add screenshots of your question? So that I can do more tests

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.