Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gantt chart - Help customizing it

Hi,

I'm looking for help customizing the Gantt visual (Microsoft). I never modified any visual and trying it is becoming quite frustrating for one or other reason, when the changes I want to apply are, in my opinion, simple.

I'm using the visual to display the different tasks in the last 24 hours for different personnel (categories, hidden in the picture).

PBI_Gantt_visual.png

What I'm looking for is:
- Reduce the total width of the visual. Doesn't matter what I do, the width goes over the page and the slider at the bottom appears. It seems the width of each task is hard-coded, but couldn't find the value in gantt.ts.

- The top axis. I want to make it disappear (not just changing the color to white, what I already tried) or just show the hours, not the day '(24)'. Same, cannot find it.

- Tighten the dimensions of the visual, as it has too much blank space surrounding it.

I did some changes to the gantt.ts file and I'm having a lot of trouble to package it too...

I'll appreciate any help you can provide and I'll be enormously grateful if someone with more experience and skills could do those changes for me.

11 REPLIES 11
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

We included all of requested features into our backlog.

We'll start working on them soon.

What issues have you faced packaging this CV?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @v-viig,

After editing gantt.ts I'm having issues with the "pbiviz package". First it estates that API version is invalid, I do a "pbiviz update" and when running "pbiviz package" again I've got the following error:

LESS  style/gantt.less :  'node_modules/powerbi-visuals-utils-formattingutils/lib/index.css' wasn't found. Tried - node_modules/powerbi-visuals-utils-formattingutils/lib/index.css,node_modules\powerbi-visuals-utils-formattingutils\lib\index.css

No need to say that my level of frustration is quite high now...

PS: I've downloaded the latest version (https://github.com/Microsoft/powerbi-visuals-gantt/releases/tag/1.11.1) and even when trying to create the package without making any modification, I get the same issue...

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

You have to execute npm install command to install of dependencies listed in package.json.

Please also note that you will have to change GUID for your own modification of Gantt.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Ignat,

I did execute npm install and changed the GUI (should it have any specific character lenght?) but no luck.

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

What issues have you faced after installing all of required npm modules?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ignat,

I could solve the issues I had with the packaging and I can use it in Power BI now. I'm still "playing" with the customization of the visual.

Regarding adding the features I'm looking for in your backlog, could you provide any time estimation about this?

Thank you again.

Hi Antiparras,

How did you resolve your problem?

I currently faced the same issue.

thank you

Doub

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Doub,

I discarded using the visual until it's configurable. I didn't receive any notification about any upgrade so far.

Hi Antiparras,

How did you resolve your problem with the packaging?

(LESS  style/gantt.less :  'node_modules/powerbi-visuals-utils-formattingutils/lib/index.css' wasn't found. Tried - node_modules/powerbi-visuals-utils-formattingutils/lib/index.css,node_modules\powerbi-visuals-utils-formattingutils\lib\index.css)

I currently faced the same issue.

thank you

Doub

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

All of features are on our backlog but we have not prirotized them yet.

We'll prirotize all of them soon and get back to you with a clearer ETA.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you again Ignat.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.