cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
franck_axires
Frequent Visitor

GET availableFeatures API parameters

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how many embed trial tokens there's left on our shared capacity.

I use Postman to call the GET https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/availableFeatures(featureName='embedTrial') API, passing the bearer token in the Authorization header. but get an error message saying the server isn't responding.

Here's the request as intercepted in the Postman Console :

Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
cache-control: no-cache
Postman-Token: a7b213xxxxxandsoon
Authorization: Bearer eyJ0eXAixxxxxxxxandsoforth

I'm assuming you need to pass other parameters like a client_id or the AD Tenant ID but cannot find anything in the documentation nor any examples of the correct syntax.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Franck

1 REPLY 1
brentlightsey
Advocate I
Advocate I

@franck_axires - This is not exactly what you are asking, but I used the PowerShell cmdlets to avoid the authentication questions with PostMan. After getting PowerShell set up, you install the cmdlets with:

Install-Module -Name MicrosoftPowerBIMgmt

Then you can do an interactive login with the command. You have to follow a URL in the browser to do a device login.

Login-PowerBI

Then I ran this command to pull the available features value:

Invoke-PowerBIRestMethod -Url 'availableFeatures' -Method Get

My result looks like this:

{
  "@odata.context":"http://wabi-us-east2-redirect.analysis.windows.net/v1.0/myorg/$metadata#Microsoft.PowerBI.ServiceContracts.Api.AvailableFeatures","features":[
    {
      "name":"cdsa","state":"Enabled","extendedState":"Enabled"
    },{
      "name":"embedTrial","state":"Enabled","extendedState":"Enabled","additionalInfo":{
        "usage":75
      }
    },{
      "name":"automaticallyPushAppToEndUsers","state":"Enabled","extendedState":"Enabled"
    },{
      "name":"publishAppToEntireOrganization","state":"Enabled","extendedState":"Enabled"
    }
  ]

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.