Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aviva75
Regular Visitor

Financial statements with drill down

When will someone create a custom visuals for the Financial Statement formats including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow? While accountants love Excel, it falls apart when you want to do any sort of drilldown capablitities or analytics. This is a common problem in the finance community and I'm shocked that Power BI has yet to serve this need. I've looked into developing my own custom visual, but I cannot even download the developer tools on my machine. For I am a mear accountant with big drilldown dream, can anyone help me with this?

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@aviva75,

Follow the tutorial below.

https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-visuals/docs/latest/step-by-step-lab/setting-up-the-developer-en...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Sam! So the article looks like a json tutorial to learn how to create a custom PBI visual, correct? I'm working through it, but I don't have any coding background and it's a struggle. My hope was that someone with experience in creating custom visuals could help me with this project. While am happy to learn new skills, I am really looking for someone that's interested in working on this with me. I think that this custom visual could be a real asset to the finance community and a great selling point for power bi.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.