cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamdavi3s Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Finally, my first viz!

AHHHHHHHH!!! that is how I describe getting started 🙂

I only know a little JS / TS / any programming so it has been an experience!

Circle packing to show a hierarchy structure: I will GIT and Blog this with a link to a gif as this doesn't seem to want to post

circlepacking.gif

5 REPLIES 5
Moderator Eric_Zhang

Re: Finally, my first viz!

Congratulation and thanks for sharing. 🙂

Frequent Visitor

Thank you, it was infuriating but rewarding and hopefully I can improve on it when the custom objects are working again.

The GIT is here

https://github.com/adamdavi3s/PowerBICirclePacking

MawashiKid Member

BTW I took a look at your code and found it was a good starting initiative. However I noticed an error in your update method structure cause the chart to constantly add a new layer as you resized it. I managed to re-write it with different approach. Issue was fixed. 😉 Then went ahead with Zoomable treemap.Everything works fine.
Frequent Visitor

ahhh fantastic, I meant to come back and correct that error (it was obvious when you resized the object) but completly forgot about it!

xBigMarkx New Member

I know this is a very old thread but I like the vizual. I am brand new to Power BI so how can I install it without a .pbiviz file? Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 168 members 2,063 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: