Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexL
Frequent Visitor

Filtering in real time dashboard.

Hello!

I created real time dashboard (Line Chart) and show current price for each product order by time.

I push data in API. Data has next format:

[
{
"ProductName" :"AAAAA555555",
"CurrentPrice" :98.6,
"SentTime" :"2016-12-28T13:12:50.830Z"
}
]

Values - CurrentPrice
Legend - ProductName
Axis - SentTime

Can I filter showed values by ProductName (select ProductName and show values only for a selected ProductName)?

12 REPLIES 12
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @AlexL,

Are you using real-time streaming in Power BI Service?

I am adding streaming dataset in my web version of Power BI and pushing data in Power BI API from my own web app.

Снимок.PNG

Hi @AlexL,

In PBI Service, you could to its Reports -> add slicer of products-> choose product you want -> pin line chart filtered. It will work.

How can I get all products for slicer? I am pushing data in streaming dataset.

Hi @AlexL,

Uncheck all filters, so you could have all products, then pin it. (when you create stream dataset, dataset will be genereated in PBI service and you could design report in Reports area)

@tringuyenminh92 wrote:

Hi @AlexL,

Uncheck all filters, so you could have all products, then pin it. (when you create stream dataset, dataset will be genereated in PBI service and you could design report in Reports area)

@tringuyenminh92

The stream dataset is not like the normal ones, I don't find any report design page for it. AFAIK, we can only add a tile using the stream dataset from a dashboard.

@AlexL

There's no such filter for real-time tile, you  can submit and vote up your idea at Power BI Ideas.

Hi @Eric_Zhang,

Go to Stream data setting, in Action area, there will be a "Create Report" option. This is the reason that i support idea DAX in PBI service  cause i could not get the latest row and ignore another one.

Screenshot 2016-12-30 18.21.00.pngScreenshot 2016-12-30 18.23.01.pngScreenshot 2016-12-30 18.21.57.png

@AlexL in real-time dashboard created by stream dataset, i think we could not handle filter data cause it's not supporting DAX so far, so please support us by voting above idea.

Hi, @tringuyenminh92.

I created report from streaming dataset. For slicer i can only pin live page, not pin for slicer. Also slicer is empty in the report and in the dasboard although the data comes and historical data is on.

In ReportIn Report

In DashboardIn Dashboard

Hi @AlexL,

You are correct, you could not pin slicer to dashboard and just pin live page or filtered chart to dashboard. But it's so strange when there is no data showing in your report. Smiley Sad 

@tringuyenminh92, Are you use Pro version of Power BI?

@AlexL

Yup @AlexL, I'm using Pro lic. Heart

Hi @Eric_Zhang, sorry to say that you are not correct. I will show report page that created from stream dataset when I back home ^_^

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.