cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Filter pages embedded paged report

Good morning,

I am working with power bi, I am able to embed a report and also to apply RLS.

My question is about paginated reports. I need to filter the pages of an embedded paged report.

I searched on the documentation of the REST API but it seems there is nothing about it.

Can anyone confirm if this is possible or not? If yes, how?

Thanks for your attention.

Regards
Marco

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Filter pages embedded paged report

Could you please elaborate on your need to filter pages? Paginated reports have filters you can apply on the recieved data after it's fetched. If the paginated report is using Power BI dataset as a source, which has RLS applied to it, the data returned to the paginated report should already be filtered to what the user is allowed to see. If you're looking to take it a step further and supply parameters to the report, you can do that as well, which would reduce the amount of data fetched. I recommend you go through the free Paginated Report in a Day training on Youtube: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports/paginated-reports-online-course

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Who are our Super User Superstars? Who made it to the top of the leaderboards? Get the answers!

June 2020 Community Highlights

June 2020 Community Highlights

Featured community members, changes to the Community, and more! Read up on recent Power BI community news.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors