Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gbottazzi

Fetch all data from dataset in Custom Visual

Hi,

I'm developing a custom visual and I need to load all records (rows and columns) that are in my dataSet.

My dataSet has 100.000 records and now the max numer of record in options.dataViews[0].table.rows is 30.000.

I would load the data with a sequence of requests with shifting start-point: i.e. from 0 to 500, 501 to 1000 and so on...

A similar behaviour is now present in Table Visual: when the user scroll down, next dataset is loaded.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Giacomo

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@gbottazzi,

As slicers can narrow the portion of the dataset shown in the other visualizations on the page, I wonder if it is possible to use a slicer to get around the limitation.
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

slicer.ts is a good example but there is a problem: some object used in that example (like IVisualHostServices) are not exposed in the module created by pbiviz ( powerbi.extensibility.visual).

If I define my custom visual in the same module of slicer.ts than it not compile (i.e. it doesn't know IVisual).

There is a way to use that object from my module?

Thanks

Giacomo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.