Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NithyaKB
Helper I
Helper I

External Guest users are not receiving the email when trying to share the app .

Hi , 

I have a requirement to share the report to external users. We followed Azure B2B process. As per the process the guest user was added to Azure AD as guest and accepted the invitation and logged in for first time using his external email. Now when I give him Access to app he is not receiving any email with link redirecting to app . 
The workspace is in premium per capacity.But when I tried sharing him the app link and the tenant url he is facing below issue .

NithyaKB_0-1638961018156.png

Any help please?

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @NithyaKB,

As azure b2b features document mentioned, current it seems not work with the personal email address, they require work or school account:

Distribute content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Spoiler
  • Some experiences are not available to guest users who can edit and manage content in the organization. To update or publish reports, guest users need to use the Power BI service, including Get Data, to upload Power BI Desktop files. The following experiences aren't supported:

• Direct publishing from Power BI desktop to the Power BI service
    • Guest users can't use Power BI desktop to connect to service datasets in the Power BI service
    • Classic workspaces tied to Microsoft 365 Groups
      • Guest users can't create or be Admins of these workspaces
      • Guest users can be members
    • Sending ad hoc invites isn't supported for workspace access lists
    • Power BI Publisher for Excel isn't supported for guest users
    • Guest users can't install a Power BI Gateway and connect it to your organization
    • Guest users can't install apps publish to the entire organization
    • Guest users can't use, create, update, or install organizational content packs
    • Guest users can't use Analyze in Excel
    • Guest users can't be @mentioned in commenting
    • Guest users can't create subscriptions
    • Guest users who use this capability should have a work or school account
  • Guest users using social identities will experience more limitations because of sign-in restrictions.

• They can use consumption experiences in the Power BI service through a web browser
    • They can't use the Power BI Mobile apps
    • They won't be able to sign in where a work or school account is required

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng,
The external user account is an organisational account.

HI @NithyaKB,

What type of organization are you testing? Did they work in the national or government cloud?

AFAIK, they include some specific settings and permissions so they may affect the interaction with common organizations.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.