Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ConstantinL
Regular Visitor

Exporting PowerBI report with bookmark information does not respect bookmark state

Hello,

We are exporting PowerBI reports as described in this thread.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Exporting-PowerBI-report-with-bookmark-information-no-lon...

Today exporting stoped behaving as it used to. 

Yesterday the user highlights captured in the bookmark would be present in the exported PDF

Today the PDF export contains the default state of the report.

We have updated both the powerbi-client npm package in the fronend application and the Microsoft.PowerBI.Api NuGet package in the backedn code.

We have updated the way we capture bookmarks as this has changed 

https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-JavaScript/wiki/Bookmarks#capture-bookmark-with-personalize-vis...

we use 

this.report.bookmarksManager.capture({ personalizeVisuals: false })
This has not fixed the issue as the exporte report is still in the default state, not in the highlighted state.

Is there another change to bookmarks we should be aware of?
Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you,
7 REPLIES 7
ConstantinL
Regular Visitor

Hello,

The export started working as expected on 2021-01-18. We have not updated our code or integrations libraries, we are still using powerbi-client version 2.14.1 and Microsoft.PowerBI.Api version 3.11.0

Best regards

I can second what @ConstantinL said - after seeing his post, I was able to test here as well and indeed the export is working as expected again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are also having this problem and this has been broken for about a month.  Can someone respond and work on this issue?

Sadly I'm also seeing this identical issue as described in the very first post - though it's curious since exporting off of the Power BI Service captures filters/bookmark state without issue - any ideas on the Microsoft side?  This seemed to be working great until December

ConstantinL
Regular Visitor

Hello,

This issue is still reproducible as of 2020-12-29

So far we have tried updaint both the client side (powerbi-client 2.16.2) and the server side libraries (Microsoft.PowerBI.Api 3.20.1) to the most recently released versions, but this has not fixed the issue.

Is there any additional information on this use case?

Thank you

Jefreaky
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing silimar issues.

kohder
Frequent Visitor

@ConstantinL I've ran into exactly the same issue. I've only recently started adding this integration and was frantically trying to find what I had changed to break this. So it is good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this.

The Export to File endpoint validates the defaultBookmark provided (Checks that the state provided is valid), but as you describe, does not apply it.

I am however able to restore a bookmark on an embedded report, but with exports, no such luck. Hopefully someone can provide answers soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors