Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

arab

Export to file for paginated reports connector too slow

I have a paginated report with 'company' as a parameter in my Power BI Premium.

Opening the report, selecting the company, viewing the report and exporting it as a pdf manually takes around 15 seconds altogether.

I created an Azure Logic App to automate the process (see below) where it reads from a SQL table the names of the customers then goes into a loop to create and export a pdf file for each customer and then saves it in a local drive. What I noticed is that each report entry in my drive is separated by a 5 minute (give or take) gap from the previous one - meaning the process per report is taking 5 minutes as opposed to 15 seconds.

exm.PNG

I've diagnosed the Logic App workflow and confirmed that the bottleneck is in the Power BI 'Export to Paginated Report' connector.

Is there any way to speed it up?

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arab,

How many rows has your report process? Did these operations spend the same time as your exported on power bi service side? Please share more detailed information here, I think they will help us clarify your scenario and troubleshoot.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Not yet.  They announced that they plan to drop some of the throttling.

Export Power BI report to file API – Preview Update | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Not sure when the changes will be implemented in Power Automate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors