Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Juniorflip
Frequent Visitor

Export reports as image files tenant setting

In the Power BI code sample for Exporting files (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/export-to#code-examples)  it says below that you need to enabled the export reports as image files.  I have admin and looking in the tenant and I dont see an image for below.  I have Power BI Premium so I should be able to do it.  Does anyone know where this setting is at?

Before using the API, verify that the following admin tenant settings are enabled:

• Export reports as PowerPoint presentations or PDF documents - Enabled by default.
  • Export reports as image files - Required only for .png and disabled by default.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Juniorflip ,

The option of exporting a report to PNG format through the REST API is disabled by default for all tenants (this is the design).
Because of this bug:
1) For tenants who didn’t enable this option in the past –if they want to allow it, they cannot do so.
2) For tenants who enabled this option in the past - they cannot disable it .
3) For tenants who enabled this option in the past – they can still export to PNG format.

Fix will be part of 7.1 train.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KiranHosakote
Helper V
Helper V

@Juniorflip 

We've built a tool called BI Helper https://bihelper.tech/ to automate the generation of  PDF / PPTX reports from Power BI (Pro and Premium), with slicers and filters applied. BI Helper works independent of your tenant settings in Premium. 

With BI Helper, you can select report pages to print, schedule and generate multi-page PDF / PPTX reports and email them to your users. BI Helper has an option to include matrix and table visuals as Excel files, and lots of other advanced features. Our users routinely run reports of up to 30 pages, with the process fully automated from report generation to delivery. 

BI Helper is simple to configure and use with your Power BI reports and dashboards. It is secure and scalable (hosted on AWS) and offers a 14 day free trial. Try it out and let us know how it works for you. 

Kiran Hosakote

BI Helper

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried export report to png with Power Automate

rafaelxkr_0-1601553658316.png

But this file don't work

rafaelxkr_1-1601553731670.png

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Juniorflip ,

Yes, you're right. The document description may be incorrect. I have feedback on this issue, thank you for raising it.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Do you know of the solution to my problem?

Hi @Juniorflip ,

The option of exporting a report to PNG format through the REST API is disabled by default for all tenants (this is the design).
Because of this bug:
1) For tenants who didn’t enable this option in the past –if they want to allow it, they cannot do so.
2) For tenants who enabled this option in the past - they cannot disable it .
3) For tenants who enabled this option in the past – they can still export to PNG format.

Fix will be part of 7.1 train.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.