Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nranito
Helper II
Helper II

Export data from visual to excel - dashboard

Is it possible to extract data from a dashboard visual to cvs or excel?

Here it appears possible

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-service-export-data/

But in my dashboard there are no  ellipses in the top right corner of the visualization.

Thank you for any help

8 REPLIES 8
nranito
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you for the answers

But I'm still trying to figure out best way to share my data visuals and to allow users to export data.

Correct me if (probably am) I'm wrong:

- if I publish a report in the web, embedded in a website, users cannot export data from the visuals to excel spreadsheet

- if I share a dashboard, users cannot access to export feature, unless I pin a visual at a time(??). Which is not a nice solution, since I have a "couple" of visuals per tile.

Am I seeing this the wrong way, and is there an easy way to get to my goal?

@nranito,

Users may also export data from Embedded. Take a close look at Limitations and considerations.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMWU3MTA0YjgtOTFhZS00OGZjLThmYWUtYmRmOTQ5MzRmZTQ5IiwidCI6IjIyY...

These components don't allow export?

It's odbc conn, a select col1, col2 from dual... no formulas, just data on visuals

@nranito,

For Power BI Publish to web, there is already an idea, you may leave a comment and vote it up.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

What about with a shared dashboard?

"- if I share a dashboard, users cannot access to export feature, unless I pin a visual at a time(??). Which is not a nice solution, since I have a "couple" of visuals per tile."

I need the dashboard to be filtered by the user, and I cannot pin one visual at a time.

Is that also a future roadmap feature?

@nranito,

Just give feedback as well.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@nranito,

Power BI admins have the ability to disable the export of data in the Power BI admin portal. Besides, you might need to pin a tile not an entire report page.

bajee
Resolver III
Resolver III

@nranito

From the dashboard you can't export the data directly.

You can export the data from every visual ellipses in the top right corner of the visualization.

Regards,

Bajee.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.