Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ravi_R2K

Export data from Excel to MS SQL Server

Hi, 

We have an excel that stores data in it. Some forms are created inside it that are not tabular in structure. So we can consider excel sheets act as individual pages as in any website. now we need to pull data from excel into database. 

1. I know that we can Import data into Excel from any database

2. I know that we can Import and Export data from any database to Excel/csv.

I am not looking for answers to above 2 questions.

I would like to know if it is possible to push data from excel to any database like, MS SQL Server, PLSQL Developer, Oracle, DB2 or any other database for that matter.

Data Flow: Trigger data flow from Excel to Database

Excel ---> Export data --> Database

Regards

Ravi Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Ravi_R2K,,

I also think these should be more related to excel development instead of power bi, you can post these to excel related columns to get better support.

In addition, did these data table stored in multiple sheets or mixed in one sheet? If you mean the second one, the default database import feature should not be suitable to handle these scenarios. They will merge and combine these subsheets to one with blank row and columns.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Ravi_R2K,,

I also think these should be more related to excel development instead of power bi, you can post these to excel related columns to get better support.

In addition, did these data table stored in multiple sheets or mixed in one sheet? If you mean the second one, the default database import feature should not be suitable to handle these scenarios. They will merge and combine these subsheets to one with blank row and columns.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Habitat
Regular Visitor

Maybe you should post this in other forums about Excel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.