Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LewisWeal
Frequent Visitor

Export To File for Power BI Reports does not load all data before capturing PDF in Power Automate

Hi,

The 'Export To File for Power BI Reports' does not load all data before capturing PDF. It downloads the PDF as blank in some visuals and still shows the loading Icon in the top left of a visual.

We are using Analysis Services as a data source in Power BI.

This has only just started to happen and the data does load in Power BI.

7 REPLIES 7
LewisWeal
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-shex-msft and thank you for responding,

The feature is called  'Export To File for Power BI Reports' in Power Automate (Apoligies I should of mentioned). This was downloading files into PDF for us.

We do use the AS live connection and not direct query. I have thought about switching to direct query just to do this task however the data source wont allow me to do this without rebuilding reports. 

The flow in Power Automate is:

1. Trigger
2. Export To File for Power BI Reports
3. Email file

This has worked perfectly in the past however now it seems it wont allow PowerBI to load the data before capturing the PDF. So when the PDF is sent out, the visual appear blank.

Kind Regards
Lewis

Hi @LewisWeal,

>>This has worked perfectly in the past however now it seems it wont allow PowerBI to load the data before capturing the PDF. So when the PDF is sent out, the visual appear blank.

It probably is one reason that causes the issue. Have you tested to apply this to a report with a common dataset? (e.g.  import mode) I'd like to confirm if this issue related to the feature itself or only appears with a specific environment/scenario.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Just tested with using the common dataset and works with no issues. It just seems an issues with the live connection. 

HI @LewisWeal,

>>Just tested with using the common dataset and works with no issues. It just seems an issues with the live connection. 

I think you can contact the support for power bi or power bi automate and ask them to trace the backend processing to confirm this.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft, I cant find anywhere contact information for the suport team. Would you be able to pass this through or know the email to contact? 

HI @LewisWeal,

For power bi support, you can take a look at submitting support tickets:

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @LewisWeal,

What type of feature are you work on? 'Export report data' or 'export to pdf'? Please share more detailed information to help us clarify these.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

BTW, Do you work on AS data source with live connection mode?
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors