Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export Power BI Report using Power Automate new Flows applying RLS using CustomData()

Hi,

I was very excited to read the post on the 14th September regarding the new flows available within Power Automate for the exporting of Power BI Reports, article link below.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-automate-actions-for-exporting-power-bi-and-paginated...

I have setup a very basic flow to test the functionality, which I can report has worked well.

I then decided to take it further and see if I could apply a CustomData filter to a report with RLS. Whatever options I try in Power Automate I just get the exported report without RLS being applied. To make sure I have everything setup correctly I have used the same report and dataset (AAS Tabular Model) in the AppsOwnData example for embedding, which works perfectly. 

Is there any further documentation on this feature, or someone out there that has got this to work?

Thanks,

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have made no code changes, but this is now working correctly and passing the CustomData() value back to the report.

I can only assume that Power Automate or Microsoft have released an update.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have made no code changes, but this is now working correctly and passing the CustomData() value back to the report.

I can only assume that Power Automate or Microsoft have released an update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.