Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
StephenWealthif Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Export Power BI Dataset using API

Hi,

I'm trying to use the API to export a dataset which doesn't have a report associated with it.

My scenario:

1. A .pbix file named "My Data.pbix" has been created in Power BI desktop containing data and deployed to the service
  2. This results in a dataset named "My Data" and a report also named "My Data" exising in the service
  3. Subsequent reports have been developed in Power BI Desktop connecting to the "My Data" dataset deployed to the service
  4. The "My Data" report generated in steps 1&2 has been deleted (the data set "My Data" remains)

Using the Export Report In Group endpoint I can export all reports from step 3 to local .pbix files, however I can't export the "My Data" dataset as there is no report explicitly associated with it. Neither can I find an endpoint for exporting datasets rather than reports.

I've read through the Duplicate workspaces using the Power BI REST APIs tutorial, but this doesn't seem to cover my scenario.

I can use a browser, navigate to the dataset and download from there, however I'm looking for a way to do this programmatically. Is this possible and if so how?

1 REPLY 1
sanderpolman Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Export Power BI Dataset using API

Need this too 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)