cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjohannesson Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Error when updating connection string in Power BI Embedded

I'm using the Power BI Embedded sample application to import a PBIX desktop file into an existing workspace. The import works fine but when I try to update the connection string, I get an error:

Ooops, something broke: Microsoft.Rest.HttpOperationException: Operation returned an invalid status code 'NotFound'
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Api.V1.Gateways.<PatchDatasourceWithHttpMessagesAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Api.V1.GatewaysExtensions.<PatchDatasourceAsync>d__1.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
at ProvisionSample.Program.<UpdateConnection>d__28.MoveNext() in C:\Projects\power-bi-embedded-integrate-report-into-web-app-master\ProvisionSample\Program.cs:line 625
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at ProvisionSample.Program.<Run>d__18.MoveNext() in C:\Projects\power-bi-embedded-integrate-report-into-web-app-master\ProvisionSample\Program.cs:line 240

Any idea what might be the problem?

13 REPLIES 13
lars123 Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Re: Error when updating connection string in Power BI Embedded

We've started seeing the same error when updating credentials. This has worked previously, and nothing has changed in our implementation, so this looks like an error on Microsofts end.

kriwi Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

We've started to experience the same error. Any solution to this yet? 

peril49 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

i'm seeing the same problem. was working fine last week.

pridge New Member

Hi,

We started seeing the same thing in an automated deployment script we have. We get it even when redeploying the exact same package as was successfully installed two days ago, but yesterday it failed.

JorgeDiego Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

We have seen the same error. We have reviewed the dll´s in order to use the lastest versions, but the error is still there. Any solution? It seems a Microsoft issue.

avdknijff Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing the exact same issue.  Our workflow which worked previously now returns this exact error message. I'll be happy to hear of anyone has a solution yet.

Highlighted
avdknijff Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Workflow which previously worked now returns this error. Are there any solutions available yet.

Moderator Eric_Zhang

@mjohannesson@avdknijff@JorgeDiego@pridge@peril49

At the moment I post, I can update the connection string with the option 7 in this power-bi-embedded-integrate-report-into-web-app. Only when I type a wrong datasetID,  can I get the same error. Can you try to get the datasets with option 8.Retrive a list a datasets published to a workspace  and ensure you've input the correct datasetid?

Capture.PNG

mjohannesson Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This issue has now been corrected by Microsoft, at least in West Europe, so now it's working for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,539)