Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ricardolo

Error importing custom visual to Power BI Service

Hi!

I have developed a custom visual and when I use Power BI Desktop to import the custom visual it works, when I upload the report file (with the custom visual embedded) to Power BI Service it all works ok also.

However, when I use the Power BI Service to import the custom visual to a report from a file it occurs an import error "An error occurred while attempting to import visual in this report."

I see two errors in the browser dev tools (Edge or Chrome) 

SEC7120 [CORS] error in 'https://wabi-brazil-south-redirect.analysis.windows.net/powerbi/content/visual'.

HTTP413 PAYLOAD TOO LARGE

The pbiviz file has a size of about 2.9MB. Is that too much?

I don't know how to fix those problems as they appear to be restrictions from the server.

Can you shine some light on this, please?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ricardolo

I have simply reduced the package size to about 1.6MB with JS minimization and the problem is now solved!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ricardolo

I have simply reduced the package size to about 1.6MB with JS minimization and the problem is now solved!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors