Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xli629b
Helper II
Helper II

Error exporting paginated report connected to Power BI dataset

I tried exporting paginated reports using the export to file feature of the Power BI REST API. I was able to export a paginated report that had entered data to XLSX. I tried the same with a paginated report that used data from a Power BI dataset (a dataset that came from a non-paginated report in Import mode that I published to the Power BI service) it failed and gave me this error when I checked the export status: 

"RootActivityId(27d26fd5-446e-4c7a-abd0-2f63bb5a8df9): DmtsDataSource: DiscoverMonikers did not return an access token for DataSource: 'Workspace5_GenericDashBoard_IQ_ML', DataSourceType: PBIDATASET, CredentialType: SingleSignOn"

I tried checking that the credentials were set correctly on my dataset and checked that I could refresh my dataset, but I still got the same error when trying to export the paginated report.

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @xli629b ,

Based on this error message, it seems that the error is caused by the unsuccessful acquisition of the access token. Please check the contents of the following links and try to troubleshoot the cause of the problem.
1. Supported data sources for Power BI paginated reports

yingyinr_0-1632386660546.png

2. Considerations when generating an embed token

yingyinr_1-1632386837465.png

3. Troubleshooting for access token failure

GenerateToken can fail, with effective identity supplied, for a few different reasons.

• Dataset doesn't support effective identity
  • Username wasn't provided
  • Role wasn't provided
  • DatasetId wasn't provided
  • User doesn't have the correct permissions

To verify which it is, try the steps below.

• Execute get dataset. Is the property IsEffectiveIdentityRequired true?
  • Username is mandatory for any EffectiveIdentity.
  • If IsEffectiveIdentityRolesRequired is true, Role is required.
  • DatasetId is mandatory for any EffectiveIdentity.
  • For Analysis Services, the master user has to be a gateway admin.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.