Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Error 429 - too many requests

I have two datasets created using Power BI Pro that seem to be limited to the free version of rows per hour (10,000 rows per hour) rather than the 1,000,000 per hour that the documentation suggests.  Is there anyway to check?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn950053.aspx

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having same 429 error... sending 1 request per/second to the Streaming dataset in Power BI services (my account is the Pro license)... worked well for about 3 days, now returns 429, too many requests.  Started getting this error Nov 11, 2016 at about 6:45 am CST.  My request rate is about 3,600 requests per hour. 

Thoughts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have figured this out that when you add a delay for like 500 milliseconds for every push to your streaming datasets, you would never encounter this 439 error. Like for example your pushing your data from a PowerShell command, you add "Start-Sleep -m 500" for every request. 

KumarDarmesh
Helper IV
Helper IV

where did you get that error 429?

In the web-response.

So I post some data using some sample code provided by Microsoft.  The only change is the API Endpoint for my realtime dataset - and the json structure.

It works well for quite a while and I see my dashboard tiles update.  But then after a while it stops working and I get the 429 error back from the webserver.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.